Friday, September 26, 2014

#HeForShe - I'm a feminist

The past September 20, 2014, Emma Watson gave a beautiful speech in NU.


BBC Photo.


She gave a direct message to all, including me, I had a wrong definition of being a feminist.

I always thought that being a feminist meant that you hate men, that you were against every human being that have penis and with all their actions and ideas. I didn't agree with this thoughts, I like my male friends and I want them to be as happy as I am. I want the same things they have, and the deserve the same things I have.

But thanks to her, I opened my eyes and see that I was so damn wrong. Actually, I'm a feminist.

I believe in gender equality, I believe that I deserve the same rights as my male co workers, I deserve to get in the same places as men, but they deserve the same rights and justice that we have, we should believe in men when the yell the truth and we see just lies why? Because "All men are the same"

But, not everything can be pink, immediately after her speech, a "hacker" threatened her with leak her nude pictures, I didn't believe this, and at the end it was just a intent of shutdown 4chan, anyway, my point is, Why can't we join this fight? Why can't we be a union? 

We all breath, we all sleep, we all laugh at the same dumb things, why can't we fight for the sames gender rights? 

One of the columns of #HeForShe movements is that invites men to change the way the society wants them to live and act, to change their way of seeing women as a lower being, to them being able to express feelings without feeling weak. 

It's an excellent idea, because, no matter how hard women fight, if men doesn't cooperate with the cause, it's useless.

Emma, don't let everyone stop you, don't let everyone to block you. You are not alone in this.

If I have a man reader, I invite you to join this cause at: HeForShe.org or you can take a selfie holding a sign with this on it: #HeForShe and upload it in your social media like Tomm Hiddleston.






"If not me, who? if not now, when?" - Emma Watson, 2014



 photo Firma1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...